Saturday, September 7, 2013

Organic Groceries Week #3

Well here we are, week #3.

This week I shopped at 3 different places.  Safeway near my home, PCC for meat and the local Farmer's Market.  Sadly the Farmer's Market was winding down for the summer so pickings were slim.  But since I mainly went there for honey & the honey man was there- I was happy!

I spent $113.49 at Safeway.  The Farmer's Market was $27 and PCC came in at $53.17.  My grand total this week was $193.66.  Not bad considering how much meat I bought!

Alright, you know the drill.  Left to right- here it goes!


  • 1 bag organic green grapes
  • 1 lb Organic Valley butter
  • 1 box Van's waffles
  • 1 box Applegate Farms turkey sausage
  • 2 cans O Organics diced tomatoes
  • 2 boxes MorningStar Farms Chik N Nuggets
  • 1 package paper napkins
  • Mission brand tortillas- BOO! I forgot to buy some better ones from PCC.
  • 2 organic nectarines
  • 2 organic avocados
  • 2 organic kiwis
  • 1 bag w/3 cloves organic garlic
  • 2 organic tomatoes
  • 1 jar O Organics yellow mustard
  • 2 organic red bell peppers
  • 1 organic green bell pepper
  • 2 organic yellow bell peppers
  • 1 organic orange bell pepper
  • 2 packages Rising Moon organic ravioli 
  • 1 loaf Open Nature bread
  • Sparkle paper towels
  • MD toilet paper
  • 1 large container O Organics vanilla yogurt
  • 2 pints Tillamook ice cream
  • 1 pint Alden's ice cream
  • 1 container O Organics sour cream
  • 1 package Applegate Farms beef hot dogs
  • 1 package chicken thighs- for the dogs!
  • 1 bag  Angie's Boom Chicka Pop Popcorn
  • 1 bag Angie's Kettle Corn
  • 1 bag organic fingerling potatoes
  • 5 organic gala apples
  • 1 dishsoap
  • 3 lbs organic, grass fed tri tip steak from PCC
  • 1 jar local organic lavendar honey
  • 1 lb beef patties from the local farm, Blue Valley Meats
  • *not pictured, 2 lbs organic, grass fed ground beef from PCC
I bought the local beef patties and the lavendar honey at the Farmer's Market.  I have been looking into buying a 1/2 cow from a local farm except I want to try a sample before committing SO much money to a product I may not like.  Makes sense, right?  So lucky me, a very nice lady from the Blue Valley farm was set up at the market today.  Here's hoping we like the beef patties!

I try and always buy local organic honey.  It is SO good for you and a real boost to your immune system.  Plus I really like supporting the local guys!

I bought the ravioli and 3 lbs of steak meat at PCC.  We also at lunch there- YUM!

Everything else came from Safeway.  And this week William picked out a new ice cream, the Alden's brand to try.  You'll also notice that I had some toiletries in this weeks shopping.  I always include things like toothpaste, dish soap, toilet paper, laundry soap, deoderant etc in my weekly shopping budget.

So there you have it.  Now on to week #4!

And if you want to go back and see what Week #2 looked like, click here.

Nothing beats local organic honey!





No comments:

Post a Comment