Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Did Somebody Say....Veggie Fajitas?

I love this meal.  Simply love it!

It's easy to prep ahead of time.  Fairly inexpensive, tasty, vegetarian/vegan and it can all be cooked in one pot.  Seriously- what's NOT to love?

I strongly recommend you prep this in the AM to enjoy for dinner.  By allowing the veggies to marinate all the day in the fridge, it greatly enhances the flavors.

Homeschooled Housewife's Veggie Fajitas

4-6 bell peppers, I use as many colors as possible
2 large onions
1 head garlic
1 cup olive oil
3 Tablespoons chili powder
3 teaspoons cumin
1-2 teaspoons salt
fresh cracked black pepper

                                                                                                                    Slice your peppers & onions.  Dice the entire head of garlic.
                                                                                                  Combine veggies in a large ziploc bag with your spices and olive oil.  Mix around and then let it sit all day in the fridge.  The fridge does all the work for you!  Perfection!

When you're ready to cook it, simply dump the bag out into a fry pan and saute until veggies are translucent. No need to add any extra oil.  Although you may decide you want more spices- it's up to you!

I serve with warmed flour tortillas and sour cream.  I also make some beans to serve along side.

We eat this a few times per month.  It is unbelievably easy to make and I bet you'll find yourself making it often too!  This amount will feed a family of 4. However, I usually do 6-8 peppers so that I have some for leftovers.  It's even better the next day!

Enjoy!













2 comments:

  1. I found you via Facebook and enjoyed looking over your last couple weeks of posts. I also have made the change over to organic foods when I started staying at home and had more time to cook everything using whole foods. One thing that has really made a difference in my budget has been using Azure Standard. This is a farm in Oregon that is the 4th largest organic bulk food distributor in the country. I've never, ever, found such cheap organic foods. I make my own sourdough bread and buy 25lb bags of organic flour for $12.95! You can't beat that. Anyhow, check them out. You just need to find out what route and drop is closet to you. I think you'll love the savings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Missy! Glad your enjoying the blog, thanks for reading!

      Delete