Sunday, September 1, 2013

The PERFECT Strawberry Banana Smoothie

This morning I made a gorgeous fruit, yogurt and granola parfait for my dear William boy.  He loves these and I love them because they are super easy to make, healthy and filling.

So wouldn't you know it, as soon as I finished making the parfait- he suddenly decides he no longer likes "sundaes" as he calls them.  Really?!?  Ugh.  Don't you just love when kids do that!

Alright fine.  Shredded wheat it is then and I put the "sundae" back in the fridge hoping he might eat it later.  Bwahhaha....what was I thinking!!  Clearly I forgot who's child I was dealing with here.

Afternoon snack time rolls around and William wants a snack.  Crap, I still have this "sundae" sitting in the fridge!  Hmmm....how about I stick it in the blender with a little milk and make a smoothie?  Genius!!

So in goes the parfait, a little milk and a little more yogurt.  Perfection!  Necessity is the mother of invention, right?  Now I've just created the most awesome strawberry banana smoothie.  It tastes exactly like those little yogurt smoothie drinks I sometimes buy for William- organic of course.

So here's how I did it.

Homeschooled Housewife's Strawberry Banana Smoothie

1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
5 small to medium sized strawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 cup granola
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup milk- depending on your consistency preference

Blend it all in your blender and serve.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment