Friday, August 30, 2013

Organic Groceries Week #2

So maybe you read my post last week on shopping for organic groceries- maybe not.  You can check it out here if you want to.  Either way, I've decided to spend the next month posting a picture and complete list of all the groceries I buy each week.  I do my very best to shop just once per week and I spend roughly $175-200.

Below is week #2 in my month long series.  I spent $163.87 but I also had $16 in coupons and a LOT of my stuff was on sale this week.  WooHoo!!  I did much better this week then I did last week.

Items are listed from left to right of the picture.

Week #2

  • 1 container O Organics Sour Cream
  • 1 30 oz can O Organics Diced Tomatoes
  • 1 lb Open Nature Cheddar Cheese
  • 2 loaves Dave's Killer Bread- organic
  • 1 very big organic heirloom tomato
  • 1 bag organic sprouted lentils
  • 1 bunch organic bananas
  • 2 containers organic strawberries
  • 4 boxes Annie's bunny crackers- they were half off!
  • 1 box Van's frozen waffles
  • 2 boxes  Morningstar Farms Veggie Corn Dogs
  • 2 organic peaches
  • 2 organic kiwis
  • 3 organic nectarines
  • 2 organic pears
  • 2 organic apples
  • 2 bags Late July chips
  • 2 cans organic vegetarian refried beans
  • 4 sticks  Organic Valley butter
  • 4 small individual sized Stoneyfield yogurt containers
  • 4 small individual sized Wallaby yogurt containers
  • 1 gallon Organic Valley organic milk
  • 1 bottle O Organics cooking spray
  • 1/2 pint O Organics orange juice
  • 1- 6 pack beer
  • 1 box  Morningstar Farms Veggie Sausage Patties
  • 1 lb organic Spring Mix salad- in the box under the sausage patties
  • 2 containers ice cream- not organic
  • 2 more organic apples
  • 1 bunch organic celery
  • 1 package Applegate Farms roasted turkey lunch meat
  • 1 package Applegate Farms ham lunch meat
  • 1 package Applegate Farms roast beef lunch meat
  • 1 package pork steak- for my dogs!
  • 2- 1 lb bags Open Nature shredded cheddar cheese
  • 4 organic avocados
  • 2 organic cucumbers
  • 1 bag organic onions
  • 1 bag w/6 ears organic corn on the cob
  • *and not pictured, 1 whole organic cantaloupe
  • *also not pictured, one package hamburger buns, not organic
You may also notice my adorable William and his trusty sidekick Buddy Boy.  They wanted to be in the picture too!

This week I am hosting a birthday party for my Mom.  I will be making lentil sloppy joes (she's been bugging me to make these for her!), Applegate Farms hot dogs from my freezer, fresh corn on the cob, fresh fruit, chips, salad, ice cream and beer.  I will also make her some homemade brownies which are her favorite.

In addition, I have dog food that I will make from this weeks grocery trip.  Pork steak, lentils, veggies.  And also beef steak, brown rice & veggies.  Two separate meals that will last for breakfast & dinner for 2 hungry pups throughout the week.  My dogs love this stuff, I highly recommend you think about making your animals their food!

I will combine the foods I bought this week with my pantry supplies and things still in my fridge and freezer.  This will be more then enough to last us throughout the week.

I shop mainly at Safeway which carries the O Organics brand.  They also have the Open Nature brand.  So when I can't find what I need in organic, I buy the Open Nature as a last resort.  It's still better then the alternative.

Ok- well that concludes week #2.  Next up is Week #3.

No comments:

Post a Comment