Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Look Back at Summer

 Hard to believe it's Fall already.  Weren't we just baking a cake for America's birthday?  But here it is, school is officially back in session for the local kids, the weather is getting colder, soccer season has begun, yep- summer's over!

So I thought a recap of what we did this summer would be a fun way to welcome in Fall.

This summer I got a job.  As in a real job- a jobby job.  BTW- that's my term for anything that actually pays me money to work.  So this June, I started said Jobby Job and it definetly impacted our summer since I had to be home Monday thru Friday during normal business hours.

But I didn't let that stop me!  I was able to take a few mornings and afternoons off and so we managed to still do some fun things during the week.

We followed this great summer schedule from Pinterest.  This truly helped me stay organized and motivated.  I highly recommend adopting something as simple as this for some summertime fun!

We went to several of the $1 Summer Movies offered through Regal Cinemas, we found a new arcade game place near our house and visited a few times, we went to the Farmer's Market, the outdoor water splash area, the local bouncy house facility, participated in the free summer library programs, released our pet bass, visited the indoor trampoline place.  We went to birthday parties, participated in the FREE Lowes Build and Grow Kids Clinics rang in America's birthday in style, took William to his very 1st baseball game at a ballpark, made crafts and built a robot.  Oh yeah- and we homeschooled!
We went to the FREE summer library programs


Arts & Crafts!

William built a robot with Daddy

William's very 1st trip to the ballpark
$1 Summer Movies

We released our pet bass
Water Fun!

Bouncy Fun!

Free play, knights w/swords



















Fireworks!

Next week we will celebrate the 1st official week back to school for William with a weekend trip to visit Mt. St. Helens.  William has become obsessed this summer with volcanos and this will be our final summer hurrah.

I'd say we've had a pretty successful summer!  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment