Monday, September 23, 2013

I am an AWESOME Mom!

I am an awesome Mom.

Oh My Lord- did she just say she was awesome?  Umm...hells yeah!  I'm not perfect.  I'm not the best.  But I'm still the shit.  What about you?

Say it out loud.  I am awesome.  Just let that thought settle in your mind.  Here- let's say it again...

I AM AN AWESOME MOM.

Holy crap- are you ok?  Did you survive that positive parenting statement?  No guilt trip trailing behind you? No wallowing in self doubt?  Let's not forget the pity party....

Seriously Moms- what are we doing to ourselves?  I'm not even going to discuss the damage we spew on other Moms, I'll save that for another day.  I'm only concerned about myself right now and you should be too!

We put way too much pressure on ourselves.  And for what exactly?  Some picture perfect ideal that society and crazed sleep deprived fellow Moms dream up.  Ridiculous!

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a little positive reinforcement.

I am an awesome Mom.

Yes, I buy my kid stuff.  He's got way too many Legos, a really nice "designer" backpack and more markers and art stuff then he'll ever use.  Yes, I feed him good healthy organic foods.  Yes, I shuttle his behind to soccer practice, school, swim lessons, playdates etc.  But none of that crap really matters.  Any idiot can buy stuff and drive the kids around.

Here's why I'm the Bomb.com.

I love my son.
He loves me.

And there you have it.

So give yourself permission to relax.  You are enough.  You do enough.  And years from now, your kids won't really care that you shuttled them to hell and back ie. soccer practice in the winter in the Pacific NW.  Or that you bought them designer underwear to match their designer sunglasses.  Oh puh-leeze.

What matters is that you laughed with them, held them, tickled them and comforted them.  You were a loving  and constant presence in their life.  And that's why you're awesome too!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment