Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Day I Talked to my 8 yr old about Suicide

 "Mom, what's suicide?"

Me- It's when someone doesn't want to live anymore.

"Why would they not want to live anymore?"

Me- sometimes people get sad with their life and don't know how to be happy again. This causes them to make some bad choices.

"I hope I never get that sad"

Me- If you ever start to feel this way, come tell Mommy or Daddy. We can help you find your happiness again.

"Ok, but I'm pretty sure I will always be happy. I don't want to die, I would miss out on all the good stuff like trick or treating, Disneyland and opening presents on Christmas"


 I hope that I will always have the answers to his questions and I pray that he will always, always come to me to give him those answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment