Sunday, November 3, 2013

Yogurt Berry Smoothie

Of all the smoothies I make, this is my #1, most favorite of all!

Super simple and healthy and so easy an 8 year old could make it.  Now if only I could actually get him to MAKE it....

My son drinks this at least once per week and my husband loves them too!  Whenever I whip up a blender full, I will always pour the remaining smoothie mix into my awesome Ice Pop Molds.  For those dying to know- yes, these are the EXACT same ones I use at home. I got the idea from 100 days of Real Food and I'm SO glad I did!

So here it is, my recipe for the easiest smoothie ever!


Yogurt Berry Smoothie


1 cup frozen berries
3/4 cup milk
1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
2 tsp chia seeds


Sometimes I will throw in a little Kale and hope that the kiddo doesn't notice.  To which he always does!  Other times I will drizzle in a little local organic honey- but not too much!  Also- you can experiment with the milk and yogurt amounts.  Some like a thicker smoothie while others prefer something more "liquidy".  Ha!  Is that even a real word?!?

But seriously- how easy is this?!?  Just dump all the ingredients into your blender & away you go!  This recipe will make enough for two smoothies, so don't forget to double or triple if you need more!
Frozen Berries work best!

You can also use one kind of berries to make a single flavor smoothie.  Raspberry Smoothies, Blueberry Smoothies (BTW-kale taste GREAT with blueberries!), Strawberry Smoothies- seriously, anything goes here!

I usually make a Mixed Berry Smoothie using these tasty frozen berries from Trader Joes.  My son is not a fan of blueberries but they are SO good for you!  So this is an easy way for me to sneak them into his diet.  SSSHHH- don't tell!

Want to check out my other Smoothies?


No comments:

Post a Comment