Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Green Smoothie

We've started drinking this yummy & healthy Green Smoothie several times per week.  And whenever I'm not feeling so well, my tummy is hurting, I'm tired or just a general case of the Blahs- I whip up one of these and instantly feel SO much better.

The kiddo is not a fan of these, he prefers my Yogurt Berry Smoothie's instead.  However, the other day he ate a cheeseburger from Five Guys and his tummy wasn't feeling well.  And wouldn't you know it- he actually asked for a Green Smoothie!!!  Seriously, my jaw was on the floor.  On.  The. Floor.

So here's the recipe, I hope you'll give it a try!
Green Smoothie

Green Smoothie

  • One large handful of frozen pineapple
  • 1 green apple, core removed        *alternately you can substitute the apple for blueberries but this will change the color of your smoothie
  • 2 big leaves or 2 handfuls of kale
  • 2 stalks celery, cut up
  • 1/2 cucumber, cut up
  • 2 cups cold water

Dump all the ingredients in the blender and blend away.  You may need to add more water depending on the consistency.  It's helpful to put the frozen stuff in first, followed by the chunks of celery and cucumber.  I layer the kale in on top and then pour in the water.  My ancient blender prefers it this way.  But really- it doesn't make a difference.

Then simply pour it into a cup.  This amount will make enough for 2 large servings or 3 medium sized servings.  I typically fill a super large plastic cup for the husband to take with him on his drive to work and then I have enough for a medium sized glass for myself later in the day.

You could also pour any extras into a Mason Jar or other container with a lid.  Just shake and drink later on whenever you want it.

So there you have it.  My Green Smoothie recipe.  Super easy, takes less then 10 minutes and will make you feel great!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment