Sunday, November 8, 2015

This Year's Thankful Letter

This year's thankful letter to the husband is just a bit different as I've been reflecting on the almost 12 years of marriage and 15 years of being a couple.

Fifteen years.  Wow.

As a young (ish) couple, I am so incredibly proud of us that we've made it to this milestone.  Seriously.  It's amazing and we're amazing and I'm just so damn proud of us.  So in honor of this special milestone and our upcoming 12th wedding anniversary- I have this to say to the husband.



Dearest Husband,

Another year has passed and you're still standing here by my side.  I am so blessed and thankful to have you here with me.

I am thankful for our love, for our marriage and for 15 years of togetherness.

I am thankful that you are your true self with me.  That you open up to me and show me who you really are underneath all that beard and bravado.

I am thankful for 15 years of friendship.  It hasn't always been easy but I have always had you as my best friend.

I am thankful for your sweet kisses and imposing hugs.  No one feels as good as you do.

I am thankful that even in difficult times, you are able to express your love for me.  I have never doubted your love in these past 15 years and that is a rare gift indeed.

I am thankful that I have you to cry with when life gets hard and the sadness hits.

I am thankful for your fidelity and faithfulness.  You've shown me that men of honor do exist.

I am thankful to be valued and respected as your wife.  To be treated as your partner and equal.

Most of all husband- I am thankful to be loved by you.  I am so very honored to live this life with you and cannot express how blessed I feel to have spent the last 15 years loving you.

To the next 15 years.  I love you.

Your Wife.


Want to read the previous thankful letters?


No comments:

Post a Comment