Sunday, November 8, 2015

Answering a Few Questions


So recently I've had a few folks reach out to me and say things like-


Why are you talking about food on your Facebook page?

You need to dedicate more to homeschooling, I don't want all the other stuff.

I don't understand why you post about marriage stuff all the time.

I thought this was a page about homeschooling?


And so the comments go....Well, I thought it was time that I addressed them and I'm doing it here for all to see.


#1- This is my blog and subsequently my Facebook page.  The content I choose to share is my choice.  Simply put, it's mine and I can do whatever I want to.  My goal has been and always will be to encourage others.

#2- I value your input and take notice of things you want to see more of and also less of, but ultimately it doesn't change the fact that this is my page/blog.

#3- Yes, this is most definitely a page/blog dedicated to homeschooling.  But it's also about the JOURNEY of homeschooling and how it relates to marriage and motherhood.

#4- I post about food because I hope to encourage others to get healthy and think about what they are putting in their bodies.  This is my right.  If you don't wish to see it, I completely understand.

#5- This page/blog is also focused on marriage.  Having a strong marriage will lead to a strong family.  It is our goal to encourage couples in their marriage as they travel this path of homeschooling and life.

Perhaps the most important thing to realize is that this page/blog is very much about our journey.  It's pretty much an electronic diary.  I don't have all the answers, I'm still figuring it out, my marriage isn't perfect, sometimes my kid is a butt, homeschooling is hard, laundry piles up- it's the journey you guys.  Good Lord but this life is hard and it's good....My hope is that being a part of this community will help you and encourage you just as much as it's done for me.

Thanks for being here!

The Homeschooled Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment