Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie

We should just call this the "Better Than Ice Cream Smoothie" because that's what the kiddo says after every one.  "Mom, this is WAY better than strawberry ice cream!"  That gets my vote!


Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie

1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup pineapple
1 large tablespoon raw, organic honey (local if you can)
1/2 plain yogurt
1 cup milk
1 tablespoon chia seeds


I have to confess that I've made this smoothie so many times, that I just "wing it" when it comes to the exact measurements.  You can adjust the ingredients to suit your specific tastes and of course you can substitute animal products for vegan ones.  But please....please use raw, local honey.  This is the secret ingredient that will make any of your smoothies the most amazing, delicious things on God's green earth.  Trust me on this one.

So- how to make?  Well, just dump it all in your blend and blend away.  I always put the frozen items in first but really, it doesn't matter.  This will make 1 very large smoothie or 2 more normal sized ones.

Enjoy!
So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment