Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Food Past

I was looking back at some of my old Thanksgiving food photos and couldn't believe some of the great things I had made.  Seriously- was I ever this awesome and on top of my game?!?

It seems like in the last few years, I just don't have the energy to go above and beyond.  Perhaps it's the fact that I'm busier now more then ever before.  Or maybe it's the constant homeschooling, cleaning, working, child caring and so on.  It wears on you and after awhile, I think we all just throw up our hands and say, "No More!"  I served green salad as the veggie dish for last year's Turkey Day for goodness sakes!  Ugh.  Gross.  Clearly I'm losing it.

So this year, I vow to get my Mommy Mojo back!

But before I do that- I want to share some photo's of Thanksgiving food past.  Yes, it's true...I used to be this awesome.


Let's start with these adorable bite sized pumpkin pies.  How cute are these?!?

Turkey cookies for the kiddos- complete with candy corn "feathers".

Shut the front door.  It's a fruit appetizer that looks exactly like a Turkey!

Up next- these adorable "Acorn" donut holes for Thanksgiving breakfast.

And finally, the Pumpkin Mousse Tart with graham cracker crust.


So clearly I am more then capable of tackling the Thanksgiving table.  I suppose I've just gotten burned out.  I think we all have moments in our lives where we "fall back" and simply take a breather.  But in looking at the last couple of years- I really haven't been putting forth the same amount of effort as I have in years past.  But you guys, this year- I'm gonna ROCK IT!

Happy Thanksgiving Friends!  May your table be as bountiful as your beautiful life on this day and every day after.






No comments:

Post a Comment