Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Holiday Hands



Oh My Gawd you guys.

I'm sitting here at my laptop and I'm reading about this awesome project called Holiday Hands and I'm weeping.  Seriously- blowing my nose all over that toilet paper and blubbering in my morning (ok afternoon) coffee.

This.

Is.

So.

Awesome.

And of course I knew that I just had to share with all of you.  The awesomeness that is this awesome thing.  There's a pretty great woman behind this awesomeness (no surprises there!) and she's over on her blog, Momastery.  If you haven't read her stuff, you need to.  Trust me on this one.  So this Mom has put together this project called Holiday Hands.  People in need post what they need and people who want to help, help.

But that seems so simple.

It is, it really is.

But here's why it's the most awesome thing I've come across in awhile.  It's not just about donating money.  Sure, some people need money.  But it's about MORE then money.  For example, here's some of the current "needs" posted on the site; gifts for baby sister who is on her 2nd deployment in Afghanistan, Christmas cards to lonely, recently widowed Grandpa, single Mom needs new shoes for her children, pen pal for depressed 10 year old daughter, letters of support for older woman who just left abusive marriage and on and on it goes.

So yeah.

I just....I can't even....I don't....yeah.  This is awesome.

The project has been closed for the year.  But fear not!  You can still donate to the Together Rising fund which helps to pay for all this awesomeness.  And if you have a NEED and were not able to sign up in time, you can email this amazing woman and her team at contact@togetherrising.org.

It's really that simple.

Here's the link for more information.

********************************************************************************

Update on Holiday Hands-

400 families asked for help and all 400 NEEDS are being met.  Every.  Single.  One.

Now that is awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment