Friday, January 17, 2014

A Morning Checklist for Traditional Wives

Looking for ways to improve your marriage?  Striving for peace and happiness in general?  Well, have I got the perfect "to-do" list for you!

Below is a list of things that I aim to do every morning.  In the last couple years- these small things have made a big difference in my own marriage.  My husband and I are closer now then we ever have been.  We are content, happy and satisfied in our marriage.  What more could you ask for?


7 Things Every Traditional Wife Should Do Before Your Husband Leaves for Work


  • Start Your Morning with a Kiss.  You may feel silly if your spouse is still asleep.  But trust me- this will make YOU feel closer and more connected to THEM.  So walk your butt around to the other side of the bed and give them a sweet peck on the cheek.  It's worth it.
  • Do Something Nice for Your Spouse.  Bring them a coffee in bed, or hang up the bath towels that never got put away last night.  Make the bed for them or lay out their work uniform.  The idea here is to do something nice and unexpected- just because.
  • Eat Breakfast Together.  This last year I finally started making my husband a hot meal before work.  Don't ask me why I never did before...I just didn't.  However, I have really come to appreciate that quiet moment over the breakfast table.  Our son has usually eaten already and is off playing or reading- so it's just my husband and I.  It's the best!
  • Snuggle in Bed a Little Longer.  Wake yourself up a few minutes earlier then normal and spend the time cuddling with your spouse.  A few minutes at the very beginning of the day can set the whole tone for the rest of the day.  Start it off right!
  • Pack Them a Lunch and Include a Sweet Surprise.  I always make my husband a lunch for work because if I don't do it- then he simply won't eat lunch.  But having the same thing day in and day out can get boring.  So I try to switch it up and at least once or twice per week I will include something unexpected.  His favorite licorice, a love note or even "I Love You" written in sharpie on his sandwich bag.  Take a few extra minutes to make their day special.
  • Start the Day With a Cheerful and Clean House.  I am usually the first one up and downstairs in the morning.  I have a ritual- open all the curtains, turn on the lights, light a few candles, pick up any dogs toys and other items left out from the previous day and sit down to a cup of coffee.  By the time my husband comes downstairs- the house is light and bright and the smells of breakfast are drifting through the air.  Who wouldn't want to wake up to that?
  • Send your Spouse to Work with a Lingering Kiss and a Warm Embrace.  Even if you've had an argument the previous day, your super tired, not feeling well- whatever.  Just do it!  Now this may seem like a pretty obvious thing- but you'd be surprised how many married people I know that don't do this.  So if you do nothing else on this list- do this one.
Seems pretty easy, right?  It's truly amazing what a few simple tasks in the morning can accomplish in your marriage.  And really- you don't NEED to be a Traditional Wife in order to do these things.  Anyone can- the idea here is that you do it.  Make your spouse feel valued and treasured- there's no better feeling in the world!

Related Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment