Thursday, January 30, 2014

For All The Busy Moms

This week has been crazy.  CRAZY.

Now usually I'm pretty organized and in general- I have my shit together.  But I won't lie, this week has been rough.

I work from home doing customer service for a local company.  Work was super slow during the holidays.  Which was awesome!  The downside, is that the New Year has brought a rush of incoming customer calls, issues and needs.  So my work load has pretty much doubled.  In addition, I participated in a market research focus group one night this week.  That was 3 hours of my time that I can never get back!  But on the plus side, I did make $200.

We have also been having some car troubles.  Nothing like a horrid screeching noise while driving to make you put car repairs at the top of your To Do List!  And of course, it wouldn't be super fun if we didn't have to take the car back in twice in two days- Yippee!  Yeah- I totally have the free time for that!

Let's add in extra babysitting demands.  Oh how I love babysitting.  Actually, I really do- that wasn't sarcasm right there....  I love the little kiddos and it's a nice break from my own crazy house.  But all that aside- it definitely added to my stress factor this week.

Now the cherry on top is the fact that my husband has been on-call this week at work.  So he's working 15-20 hour days and is battling his own stress and fatigue.  He will also be leaving tomorrow for a solo trip (well, without me and the kiddo) to visit his ill grandma.  It's a much needed visit but as anyone knows- traveling and preparing to travel, brings it's own stress and demands.

So what do we have?  The holy grail of crappy, stressful, busy week's.  The perfect storm if you will.....And I have to admit to letting some things slip through the cracks.  My son hasn't done his workbook lessons in 2 days.  I haven't made my husband a hot breakfast all week.  The laundry is piling up and I keep forgetting to refill our vitamin container.  And we've eaten out 3 times this week.  Gah- that never happens!  I forgot to feed the dogs breakfast yesterday.  Poor Pups!  And I haven't taken my daily walk all week.

So why am I telling you all of this?

It's simple really.  I want you to see how normal I am.  I'm not perfect.  I'm the first to admit to that one- goodness, perfection is way too stressful!  Why put that pressure on yourself?

I am a Mother.

I am tired.

I am overwhelmed.

And I am happy.

Each day, I do the very best that I can.  I strive for hitting my goals and making my family's life better, richer and happier.  Sure, some week's may be more difficult then others.  But I keep at it.

So yeah- this week was crazy.  CRAZY.

But it was also pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment