Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The 15 Second Challenge

Recently I came across a story from the Time Warp Wife in which a young married man asked his Dad for marriage advice.  "Dad, what's the secret?  You & Mom have been married for over 30 years and you're still so in love."

Dad's answer?

"Every day for the last 30 years, we have kissed each other for at least 15 seconds.  Every single day.  It's hard not to stay in love when you do this."

Well that got me thinking....do the husband and I kiss for 15 seconds every day?  Umm...do we?  I mean, we kiss A LOT.  Seriously, a shit ton.  In fact, we were recently caught kissing by the neighbor girl while we were over at their house for Halloween.  "Eww, kissing."  To which I replied, "don't worry- it's OK, we're married."

BWAHAHAHA.

She is too cute.  But clearly, we kiss a lot and we aren't shy about the when or the where.  The husband is very affection and he's my man- I can love on him all I want.  And so I shall....but let's get back to that original question.  Do we kiss for 15 seconds or longer?  Are our kisses lingering?  Do they last long after the kiss is over?

Hmm...I'm just not sure.

Insert brilliant idea here!

Now, if you know me at all- you know that I LOVE a good challenge.  Seriously, I'm all about making goals and challenging yourself.  Today, I came up with a fun and super easy challenge that will hopefully do great things for my marriage.  And I'm inviting all of you to join me!

The Rules:

Kiss your spouse each day.
15 seconds or longer.
For one week.

That's it.  Seriously, how easy is this?!?

The idea here is to see if this Dad above was right- will kissing your spouse for just 15 seconds a day help you to create a long lasting and happy marriage?  Will such a small act of love have a big impact on your marriage?

Let's find out!  I'm game- are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment