Thursday, August 28, 2014

Vegan White Bean & Avocado Hummus

This recipe is AMAZING!  No joke.

So- I found the original recipe here from Two Peas and Their Pod and then I made a few changes.  The original is great and I encourage you to try it out.  This fellow Mommy blogger has some great recipes, so please browse her website- I'm a huge fan!  With that being said, I really enjoy this dish with the changes I've made.  You'll be astounded that something SO simple can taste SO good!


Vegan White Bean & Avocado Hummus

1 15 oz can white beans *I use garbanzo
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon white onion
juice of half lemon
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small clove garlic
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
small pinch cayenne pepper

The directions for this are RIDICULOUSLY easy.

Dump all the ingredients in your food processor and blend away.  If you're making this for sandwiches or prefer to leave some larger chunks (which sometimes I do) then leave out a few beans and some avocado and add back in later.  Otherwise just pulse away.


Then- and this is super duper important- put it in your fridge for at least a couple hours.  Trust me on this one!

When the mixture has chilled in the fridge for a bit, you can eat it with some yummy Late July chips, put it in a tortilla for a wrap, scoop some on top of lettuce and eat it as a salad, slather it on some toast, eat it with some tomato and lettuce in a sandwich- seriously...the sky is the limit here!  I call this a hummus because it has a thicker consistency- much like hummus.  But as you can see, its super versatile!

I can't thank Two Peas and Their Pod enough for this starter recipe.  But secretly, I hope you'll give my recipe a try too!

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment