Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Grocery Budget Challenge Week #2

Alright- so if you're just tuning in, click here to read all about this Grocery Budget Challenge I am embarking on.

Let's recap.  Week #1 was a disaster.  DISASTER!!!

If you remember, my weekly goal is $150.  Last week, I spent $189 at Safeway and then went to Grocery Outlet and spent another $60.  AAAAHHHH!!!  Not good!

I was super prepared and had my meal plan and my grocery list ready.  However, I did not account for items that I needed to stock up on and I did end up buying $30 worth of items for my Father-in-law.  Clearly I am still learning.  

This week I have revised my meal plan in an effort to make up for the colossal suckiness that was last week.  So that means I am going to be feeding my family from the items I have already stocked up on in my fridge, freezer and pantry.  I will only be going to the grocery store to buy more Halloween candy for the trick or treaters because my family ate all the Halloween candy I bought 2 weeks ago.  Seriously- ate it ALL!  And I will be using some of my grocery money to buy the pizza for our Pizza & Beer get together with neighbors on Halloween night.


Week #2


Monday
Baked Potato Soup *double batch
Hasbrowns, turkey sausage, avocado & fresh fruit for breakfast

Tuesday
Macaroni & Cheese with Green Salad *double batch
Pumpkin Bread & fresh fruit for breakfast

Wednesday
Crockpot Taco Soup
Toast w/peanut butter & fruit & yogurt smoothies for breakfast

Thursday
Pizza & Beer- It's HALLOWEEN!
Toast w/peanut butter & fruit & yogurt smoothies for breakfast

Friday
Leftovers
Pumpkin Bread & fresh fruit for breakfast

Saturday
Meatballs, Rice and roasted veggies
 Toast w/peanut butter & fruit & yogurt smoothies for breakfast

Sunday
Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce & green salad *double batch Marinara Sauce
Pancakes *double batch

I will be sending my husband to work with leftover soups- both Baked Potato and Taco.  I will also send him with some leftover Cheese Enchiladas & Beans- would you believe he'll eat this cold! Cold?!? If I run out of leftovers- PB & J it will be!  If you remember- my son and I eat leftovers for lunch too.  This saves me from having to buy lunch items- at least for this week!

You'll also notice that I'm baking Pumpkin Bread again this week.  My boys can't get enough of it! And they've requested that I bake more- thankfully I have enough pumpkin and eggs!  Did you also see that I have 4 meals that I will be adding to my freezer stockpile this week!  WooHoo!

Now all I need to do is stick to my budget!


*Want to go back and see what happened on Week #1?




No comments:

Post a Comment