Friday, May 15, 2015

Cake or Pie?

The other day I whipped up a chocolate cake from scratch, you know- because I got skillz, and the family ate it in 24 hours.  Seriously, the cake was gone in less than a day.  And as the kiddo was
commiserating with the husband over the last slice being gone, the husband said- "don't worry, Mom will make us more."

True Story.

So last night, the husband and I were canoodling in bed and I asked him if he really wanted another chocolate cake.  "How about pie instead?" I said.  Turns out the husband always wants cake and he always wants pie.  Tell me something I don't know mmkay....


Me- Well which one would you prefer?

Husband- Both.

Me- But if I had to make only one.....

Husband- Both.

Me- You're such a butt.

Husband- That's why you love me.  And now you're probably gonna make me both just out of spite.

Me- Well der.

So that's how I found myself making another chocolate cake this week AND baking an apple pie.  Because my man couldn't decide which one he wanted more and so I made him both.

In all seriousness- this moment speaks to the kind of Wife and Mother that I aspire to be.  I want my family to know that I will ALWAYS be there to bake another chocolate cake.  And when they are being silly and can't decide between cake and pie- I'll make them both, because that's just how much I love them.

Baking is love.  Cake is love.  Pie is love.  It's the time you take to do something sweet for those you cherish.  It's showing them, literally showing them, that they are worth your time.  It might sound ridiculous to some- but this quiet and silly little moment, speaks to the heart of a housewife.  She does for others and she does it will all her might.


Want to read more about being a Wife and Mother?

No comments:

Post a Comment