Thursday, May 21, 2015

Love Is In The Little Things

The husband got off work super early today and wouldn't you know it- I had to work tonight!  Boo.  Why is it that whenever he's home, I'm not?  Or at least it can seem that way sometimes....

He was upstairs while I was downstairs frantically making my dinner for work, prepping dinner for the husband and kiddo and packing his lunch for tomorrow.  Working until midnight simply means that I'm NOT going to be dragging my behind out of bed early the next morning.

All too soon it was time for me to leave for work.  I spent several minutes searching for my car keys and finally gave up, calling out to the husband, "Babe, I can't find my keys.  Can I just borrow yours so I'm not late for work?"  And it was then that he told me he had them all along.  Stinker.  That certainly would have been nice to know five minutes ago mmkay...

I grabbed my purse, my dinner, my blueberry smoothie and I headed out the door.  Stopping dead when the kiddo said-

"Mom, we washed your car for you.  Dad turned it on to get cold since it's so hot out today."

Sometimes we have moments that are simply good.  So good you wonder if they belong to you.  Now I fully realize most people won't see what the big deal is with this- but it really is, it truly, honestly is...

Love is in the little things.

We show people in our lives how we love them.  Our kindness, our service is proof of our love for them.  As a traditional wife, I am very used to doing for others.  I serve my family because I love them.  I don't expect anything in return as their happiness and comfort is truly my priority.  But I'm not gonna lie- it sure does feel awesome when it's appreciated.  And to have it returned to you....ladies, this is SIMPLY THE BEST.

Today my boys showed me how much they love me.  They did something thoughtful, kind and completely unexpected for me simply because they knew I would love it.  Gestures so small that over time add up to a life bursting with love.

So the next time you diligently pack lunches for your family, cut your children's hair, wash and fold the clothes, bake them their favorite dessert- remember that it's more then chores.  It's love.  It adds up.  It's worth it.  Love is in the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment