Sunday, January 18, 2015

Crockpot Shredded Beef

"Write that recipe down Hun.  Do what you need to do but don't you loose that, it's good stuff" are the exact words the husband said after eating this for the very first time.  He almost never says that so I knew it was a winner and that I simply HAD to share it with all of you.

This works great for tacos, as a filling for taquitos or enchiladas and you can even serve it over rice.  And the best part- the crockpot does all the work for you!  LOVE that!


Crockpot Shredded Beef


1-2 pounds beef steak (top round is what's shown in this photo)
Break your meat with a fork, then shred with
your immersion blender.
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1/2 jalapeno or habanero, diced
6 cloves garlic, diced
2 bell peppers, diced
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
1 onion, sliced
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin


The directions for this are ridiculously easy.  Put your beef in your crockpot.  Dump everything in on top.  Set it for 4-6 hours on low and walk away.

At some point, I recommend the 4 hour mark, you will use your fork to break your steak meat up into chunks.  Then whip out your trusty immersion blender and pulse it a few times so that your meat "shreds" easily.  I then let it cook on low another 2 hours.  But if you're gone all day, it's totally fine to just shred the meat right before serving.

See- how easy is that?!?


Full disclosure folks- I adapted this recipe from one that I found from one of my FAVORITE food inspirations, 100 Days of Real Food.  I followed Ms. Lisa Leake's recipe exactly and found it to be too salty and too spicy for my family's personal tastes.  I've adapted it just a bit but I wanted to give full credit to her for this original which I based my recipe from.

No comments:

Post a Comment