Tuesday, October 28, 2014

No More Doritos!

Recently, I ordered this local Black Bean Hummus with our organic CSA delivery.  We had never tried Black Bean Hummus before but I figured since we love black beans SO much, that we would probably like this stuff too!  And we did- boy did we ever love this!
SO good!

The husband and I were sitting in bed one night watching Sleepy Hollow and munching on chips and this "bean paste" as the husband calls it.  When he turned to me and said, "these are so much better then Doritos."

Shut.  The.  Front.  Door.

Prior to the "food change" that occurred in our household, we ate Doritos like they were going out of style.  Seriously- we loved them.  Thankfully, Doritos haven't graced my pantry in years but the husband and kiddo still have fond memories....So yes- it was kind of a BIG deal when the husband said he preferred this "bean paste" over his beloved Doritos.

In the weeks since we first tried this delicious Black Bean Hummus- I have ordered several more containers and the husband has now deemed it, "survival food" and labeled it a "necessity".  Really- who am I to argue?

But here's the thing- one little container of this delicious creamy beany goodness is $5.  And considering the husband can eat the whole container in one sitting- that's a lot of money.  SO....I thought to myself, "Self- you can TOTALLY make this stuff!"  And so I did.


Black Bean Hummus

1 can black beans, drained
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
pinch of cayenne pepper
juice of half lime
tiny drizzle olive oil


Combine all the ingredients in your food processor.

Chill in the refrigerator for a few hours.

Enjoy.


So yeah....how easy is this business?!?  And can you believe the ingredients list?  This would be good for nachos, with pita, inside of a warmed flour tortilla or you could just eat it by the bowl full with your favorite tortilla chips.

I spy a kiddo doing his worksheets & munching
on this yummy stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment