Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Review: 100 Days of Real Food Cookbook



You guys- I am LOVIN' this new book out from Lisa Leake's over at 100 Days of Real Food.

Now, normally I don't go all Lady Gaga over cookbooks.  I like them and all but find that 95% of the recipes are just too much.  I mean seriously- I'm never going to feed my family gazpacho and oysters, hell- I don't even know where to buy oysters.  And if your cookbook does not have a picture for every single recipe, I'm simply not interested.  Seriously- I need to see what this food is going to look like before I even consider adding it to my list of dishes to try!  But this one- this one is the rockstar of cookbooks.


Let me tell you why-


  • It's not just a cookbook.  That's right!  The entire first section is an easy to understand guide in helping you navigate healthier eating.  For those of us in the know, it's a great reminder.  For those of you wanting to learn and make better choices, it's like the Bible of healthy eating.
  • There's pictures for every recipe.  No joke- every single one.  I don't know about you, but if I'm going to be trying out a new dish, it's helpful to see it before hand.  Otherwise, how do I know if it's worth my time?  Am I right?
  • I would actually eat 90% of the dishes.  Do you ever browse a cookbook and think- "who would eat that?!?"  ME!  The answer is me!
  • The husband and kiddo would actually eat many of the recipes too.  Yay!  My picky eaters would happily scarf down this family friendly food.
  • The ingredients are simple and easy to find.  Sometimes cooking healthy, organic foods means you find yourself completing a scavenger hunt for things that no one has ever heard of.  But these meals- totally do-able!
  • Lots of variety and plenty of vegetarian entrees.  As flexitarians that eat meat just a few times per month, it can be super hard to find a good cookbook that includes plenty of simple and yummy vegetarian dishes.  This one totally hits the mark.  And bonus- many of the meat entrees can easily be converted to vegetarian or vegan.
  • No sugar added.  Unless you've been living under a rock, you know that Americans are consuming upwards of 150 pounds of sugar per year.  Holy Buckets!  My family is currently watching our sugar intake and I love that many of these recipes include natural sugars like honey or maple syrup.
  • So easy- even a child could make it.  Seriously, these recipes are hands down some of the easiest to make.  So for those of you who are kitchen challenged, trust me when I say- you got this.

I'm enjoying this cookbook SO much, that I'll probably be buying it.  Say what?!?  I know...I know...I never spend money on books unless I'm in love.  Because let's face it, I can read everything I want to for free through my local library- so why pay good money for something I can get for nothing?  But this one?  Yeah- this one is worth it.  And before you start thinking I've been paid for this review- I have not.  I checked out this book from my library, stuck post it notes all over this baby and now I'm pretty sure I need it sitting on my bookshelf permanently.

Highly recommend!

Want to read more about this great cookbook?  Click this link here to visit Lisa's website with a page dedicated to her new cookbook, lots of photos and a table of contents.  LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I am flattered by your review Chrissie! Thanks for making my day :) - Lisa Leake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa for stopping by! Your cookbook really is my new fav & I just had to share it with all my readers! ;)

    ReplyDelete