Monday, October 27, 2014

Go Ahead: Frame That Picture!

Ladies- do you ever take a family photo and everyone looks super cute but you?  Or at least that's your perception of it anyway.  No amount of photo shopping is going to solve the frizzy hair and splotchy face.  And so, instead of displaying this photo that holds some truly sweet family memories, you keep it hidden.  Safe and sound on the old laptop photo drive.  Am I right?

I took one such photo just a few weeks ago when we visited the Pumpkin Patch.  In my defense, I had worked WAY late the night before and then had to get my boys up and out SUPER early.  FYI- the kiddo and husband do not do early.  At all.  I didn't shower and we were so rushed for time that I packed the kiddo a bean burrito for breakfast on the road, the husband a Kombucha and I- a gallon or so of coffee.

We were late in meeting up with Grammie and Grampie and immediately hopped in the line for the hayride to the pumpkin patch.  So yeah- I wasn't looking my very best.  But to be honest, I wasn't there to win any fashion awards- I was there for the fun.  Oh- and for the memories.

The husband wanted to take a photo of our family standing in front of the corn stalks and of course I agreed.  Although I totally tried to hide myself by putting the kiddo in front of me.  Yeah- it's a little trick of mine.  When we got home and I looked at the pictures, there was one really great one of me.  Only problem was the husband had his eyes closed and the kiddo was picking at something on his face.  Umm...yeah, totally not flattering for my boys AT ALL.  And then there was one that was super cute.  The kiddo was doing a "pose" that he'd never done before and the husband was laughing at something off in the distance but sadly, my eyes were all scrunched up and it wasn't very flattering.

Sigh...we seem to have this problem quite often.  When one looks good, the other doesn't and vice versa.  But we were all together and we all had a smile on our face and most importantly- we were all looking the same direction.  If you've ever taken a family photo with a small child, you know how major this is.

So I framed it.

And now- now I kinda love it.

This is simply my message to you all.  Us Mom, well- we have a tendency to only want to look our very best.  Frame the very best pictures and put all our good sides on display.  But you know what- those unflattering pictures are pretty great too.  It means that you accept that things aren't perfect.  It means you are confident in yourself but most importantly- it means that you are happy exactly where you are.

Go Ahead- Frame That Picture!
I framed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment