Monday, December 9, 2013

If You're a Homeschooler- You Must be a Conspiracy Theorist

I've talked a bit about the wonderful benefits to Homeschooling so it's probably time for me to discuss the negatives.  Ugh...the negatives....

For my family, the one downside we've experienced is what I would classify as "good and bad".  Our journey to Homeschooling has led to more of an "alternative" lifestyle.  Now, don't freak out on me!  I think we are still pretty normal but we've simply begun to re-evaluate most things in our lives.  This is the good.

Most recently I was called a Conspiracy Theorist because I Homeschooled.  Ha!  Now that's funny!  It seems that when you believe that your public school system is failing and in general is more concerned with profits then kids- you somehow become a Conspiracy Theorist.  Who knew?  Based upon this uneducated line of thought- some of you reading this might be one too!  Welcome Aboard.

Another side effect to this different lifestyle is that some folks are no longer in our lives.  Many people just can't understand our way of thinking- hence the name calling.  It's very sad.  However when you feel so strongly in something and their response to you is "you're wrong"- how can you move forward?  Why can't we just agree to disagree?  I'm not asking you to live my life, I'm just asking you to shut your mouth and be respectful.  Alas- that's proven to difficult for some.  So I guess we've found the bad, right?

My point here is- that when you begin to re-evaluate the way in which you choose to educate your child- it will naturally lead you to re-evaluate other things.  Let's just say that the veil is lifted just a little bit and it makes you wonder what else is hiding under there.

I am by no means a crazy Conspiracy Theorist.

But I am a realist.  I want to see what's under the veil so that I can make the right choices for my family.  I want to know if my food has chemicals in it that are proven to cause cancer.  I want to know if my President is lying about our health care system.  I want to know why there are so many recalls on pharmaceutical drugs and no one is talking about natural cures.  After all- how can you make an informed decision for the good of your family if you are not informed?  Makes sense to me!

So there you have it.  One side effect of being awesome.  Anyone else a Conspiracy Theorist too?




No comments:

Post a Comment