Wednesday, July 16, 2014

The Imperfect Perfect Family

I posted this over on the Facebook page and it was just so awesome that I wanted to share with all of you here.

The comments were pretty great too, but one of them really stuck with me.  So much so that I will probably always think of my little family this way now.  And of course, this title also applies to all of you and the ever expanding community we are growing here.  The Imperfect Perfect Family.  And you know- that's kinda what we are.  We are SO far from perfect.  Oh My Word.

But you may or may not know that I'm just a little OCD.  So as a result, I personally strive for perfection.  Not too worry- I'll never reach it but it's nice to have goals, right?  I want to have happiness, health, a nice clean house, a well mannered child, a sexy husband, I want to look nice and cook good food- you know...I aim to do things right.  This is my idea of what perfection is- yours may be completely different.  But I'm human and thus I will always fall short.  I'm ok with that.

Now I'm sure that many of you have goals too.  Things you want to master and do perfectly.  To be honest, I think everyone has this but only a few will admit that they strive for perfection.  So to all the naysayers, I say this- sucks to be you.  Sometimes we just have to own our imperfections and sometimes its ok to accept when we've done things perfectly.  Really- it's ok.


So I give you- The Imperfect Perfect Family.



We laugh often, we sing silly bedtime songs, we skip lessons to bake cookies, we write love notes to one another, we cry and we stay up late & go fishing. We make volcanoes on the dining table, we go for walks in the woods, we read books, we sometimes say bad words and we play fetch with the dogs. We rescue bugs, we eat together, we yell at each other and we snuggle on the bed together. We do science projects at 10pm and paint rocks during breakfast. We listen to music, we grieve over the loss of loved ones, we watch Jeopardy together, we are silly and weird. We get mad at each other, we do schoolwork in the car, we make promises to one another, we love each other.

We are a family. We are just like you.

The only difference is you get to see us. We are sharing our lives with you. Our struggles, our joys- just a little bit of our family and what makes us who we are.

Please know that we are not perfect. Our story is not unique. We are simply a family sharing our journey and hoping that we can inspire others to homeschool, to build up their marriage, to follow the good path of family and love.

We are blessed that you are here. For the time that you spend with us, within this growing community. Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment