Monday, April 14, 2014

Recipes Every Mother Needs

About 5 years ago I set a challenge for myself- Find THE perfect recipes for many common dishes.

Part of being a great Wife and Mother- not to mention, a wonderful hostess- is perfecting the craft of cooking.  And let's face it- we can't all be excellent cooks.  Sometimes it takes work, practice and a little trial and error.  I can't even tell you how many meatloaf recipes and chocolate chip cookie recipes I've tried in an effort to find THE perfect one.

But the ability to make a few dishes REALLY well is an easy way to impress your family and guests.

Here's a list of meals that I believe every Traditional Wife and Mother should excel at:


Chicken Noodle Soup
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Chili
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate Cake
Roast Turkey, whole
Burgers
Apple Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Macaroni and Cheese
Roast Chicken, whole
Pancakes
Waffles
Biscuits
Cinnamon Rolls
Spaghetti
Oatmeal Cookies
Enchiladas
Steak marinade
Egg Salad
Rice Krispie Treats
Cupcakes
Blueberry Muffins
Lasagna

I'm sure I've left off a few but this was the list that I started with over five years ago.  I am happy to say that I've perfected almost every single one.

You should also have some easy side dishes and some hor d'oeuvres on your list.  I'm a big fan of Beer Cheese dip (served cold), Artichoke and Spinach dip (served warm), Baked Potato Casserole, Garlic Green Beans, roasted veggies and of course you should know how to cook potatoes and eggs several different ways.

Please keep in mind that these items on the list are 100% made from scratch.  I do not use a mix for pancakes or biscuits and you better believe that my marinara sauce is completely homemade!  No cheats allowed!

So today I want to challenge you.  Think about what recipes might be on your list or simply use this list as a guide.  Then begin the process of perfecting each one.  It might take you a very, very long time but it will be well worth it in the long run!



No comments:

Post a Comment