Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pumpkin Bread

This is a favorite in my house.

During the Fall and Winter seasons, I make this recipe several times per month.  I can't seem to make it fast enough- because as soon as it comes out of the oven, one loaf is already gone!

Since I've received a few requests for my recipe, I decided it was time for me to post it here!  Full disclosure, this is not MY recipe.  I got it from Better Homes and Gardens and I have not made one single change.  It's perfect just the way it is!

Pumpkin Bread


1 cup oil
3 cups white sugar
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2/3 cups water
1 15oz can pumpkin

Combine oil and sugar in mixer.  Slowly add in eggs.  Mix dry ingredients together in another bowl and slowly add to mixer.  Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the water.  A little dry, a little water, a little dry...you get the idea.  Finally, add in your canned pumpkin.  My boys like raisins in their pumpkin bread, so I always throw in a handful or two.  I also use all organic ingredients but the choice is totally up to you!

Cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 65 minutes.  Use 2 regular 9x5x3 loaf pans.  If you don't mind your loaves just a little smaller, you can stretch this batter out to 2 of the regular sized loaf pans and one smaller loaf pan.  If you choose to go this route, you will only need to bake the smaller pan for about 30 minutes.  Just keep checking on it- you don't want burned pumpkin bread!

Let your loaves cool before removing from the pan.  Slice and stick one loaf in the freezer for later in the week.  Perfection!


No comments:

Post a Comment