Saturday, February 15, 2014

Who is the Homeschooled Housewife?

Are you new to my Facebook page?  Or perhaps you've just come across my blog?  Either way, I figured it was time for a refresher on who exactly is the Homeschooled Housewife.

My name is Chrissie.  I am 32 years old and the Mom to one 8 year old boy, William.  I am lucky enough to stay home with my son- however I do work part time out of my home.  I am a Traditional Wife and strongly feel that my place is at home, raising my son and being a helpmate to my husband.

William is homeschooled and attends a great program through the local school district.  In addition to this, we also spend time learning at home.  We are currently eclectic homeschoolers who lean towards unschooling.  Which basically means that we pull his curriculum from many different sources and prefer to let learning happen naturally.  We are raising a whole child and focus on a whole education.

William is my everything and I spoil him dearly.  He enjoys reading, playing Lego's and spending time with his Dad.  William plays soccer, loves to swim and is scary good at climbing trees.  He is funny and frustrating and asks some really great questions.  Much of this blog and my Facebook page is dedicated to him and to my journey in Motherhood.

I have been married for 10 years this November to my awesome husband, Chris.  Yep- Chris & Chrissie, pretty adorable eh?  Chris and I met online way back in the days of AOL and dial up.  I was 19 and he was 21 and we've officially been a couple for 13 1/2 years.  I'm pretty proud of that!  I will be posting about our traditional marriage and why it works for us.  My goal is to encourage wives to love unconditionally and without expectations.

We have 2 rat terriers, Lucky Dog and Buddy Boy.  Lucky is 13 and Buddy is 2 and I love them like my babies!  In fact, you will often see me refer to my son, husband & dogs as "my boys".  In our house, Lucky Dog and Buddy Boy are a part of our family.  They are William's brothers and we treat them as such.  

My interests are simple.  I am passionate about our food system.  We eat a mainly organic, vegetarian diet free from GMO's and other chemicals.  I love to cook and bake, so I will be including lots of recipes, meal plans, grocery tips etc and of course, will be discussing the benefits to eating a clean diet.

I am also a bit of a Disney freak.  If I could go anywhere in the world, I would always return to my happy place, Disneyland.  From time to time, my Disney obsession may leak its way onto my blog.  And of course, I'm a big reader and love nothing more then a strong cup of coffee, a good book and silence.  Ah- silence.

There are a few key principals that Homeschooled Housewife follows. Honesty, respect and common sense.  Pretty easy, no?  We also laugh a lot at my house.  We are silly and free to be ourselves.  We yell sometimes and get really frustrated with one another.  We are not perfect.  However, we believe in being true to ourselves.

Homeschooled Housewife is not the place for religious dronings.  While I am a Christian and do believe in God, I simply don't feel the need to announce it to everyone.  God knows what's in my heart and that's good enough for me.  However, sometimes you will see a prayer, bible passage etc.  I respect everyone's religious ideals and expect the same in return.

Homeschooled Housewife is about me, my family and our life.  It is my place to vent, to share, to encourage and to hopefully meet some like-minded folks.  It is not my intention to offend or upset anyone.  I am a fairly open book and I welcome any respectful questions- even if you don't agree with my statements.

So there you have it.  Homeschooled Housewife is about much more then being a housewife or homeschooling.  Everything I post or publish, comes from my own passions, interests and beliefs.  I hope you all enjoy!

Thanks for reading!

Chrissie








No comments:

Post a Comment