Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday. You Suck.

After working all weekend my normally passable clean house was now a bit messy. I didn't get to my usual Saturday morning floor scrubbing, window cleaning, toilet scrounching & vacuuming duties. And to make matters worse, the husband had finally repaired the monster of a tv in our living room. So my living room floor was littered with tools, cables & various tv parts. Plus, I still had quite a mess to clean up from my weekend assembly work. Blah! Definitely Monday!

Now lets add one more thing to it!  I had someone coming over at 11:30. I was backed up on customer service work, my house was a mess, I had breakfast & lunch to make for the hubby & I had to do all this before my guest arrived. Oh- and lets not forget that I'm still working. My work phone is ringing , people are wanting live customer service chats, emails are pinging & I have 3 hours to get it all done. 3 hours!!

So I made the husband breakfast, packed his lunch & when giving him a kiss goodbye was met with "do you think you can do a white load today?"  What?!? How dare he want clean underwear. Ugh. Sure, of course. Add it to the list.

Good news is I was able to get all my cleaning done & shower before my guest arrived. Sweet! Point for me!  Up next was the mad dash to make lunch, returning of work emails & then as soon as I started on laundry- the work phone rings. Pretty sure the universe was against me. I'm on the phone & my new neighbor drops by. Sweet enough girl- I don't really know her yet. But out of the blue she asks me for a ride 30 minutes away. Umm....no. Kinda busy here...you know....just being a stay at home Mom.

Oh crap! I forgot about soccer practice. Thank you trusty iPhone for reminding me I have shit to do. And so begins the mad scramble to get ready for soccer. Snacks to eat, cleats to find and a soccer ball to pry away from Buddy Boy. On the way out the door I remember that William was supposed to try on his old soccer uniform to see if he would need a new one for this year. Oh well...only 5 minutes late & we arrive at practice. It is then I remember that I started the washing machine but never actually put any dirty clothes in it. Great. Just great. Monday you bastard!  You totally got me again!

I'm picking up takeout & calling it a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment