Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Mexican Basagna

No, I didn't spell that incorrectly.  This is how the kiddo pronounces "lasagna" with a B and I LOVE IT.

We also call this dish Mexican Cassarole but no matter what it's called, it's super easy to make and tastes great!

This is one of my quick "go to" meals.  It takes 10-15 minutes of prep and then another 20 in the oven.  Umm...hello?  How awesome is that!  Plus, I make this dish whenever I have leftovers or not enough of one thing in my fridge.  For example, you have half of a leftover bell pepper.  Seriously- what can you make with this?  How about half a can of olives or 1/2 cup of mozzerella cheese?  Mexican Basagna to the rescue!

Each time I make this dish, it looks a little different depending on what I have available.  However, the basics are the same, so I'll share with you now!

Mexican Basagna aka Lasagna
With olives & red onions


corn tortillas
sour cream
salsa
cheese
bell peppers
olives
jalepeno
onions
beans- refried, black, pinto etc
avocado
tomatoes
cilantro


Spray a glass 9 X 13 pan and put down a layer of corn tortillas.

Make a "sauce" in another bowl by mixing sour cream and salsa together.

Layer beans, cheese and "sauce" along with anything else you are throwing in.  I typically do three layers of corn tortillas.

Cover with foil and bake in your oven until cheese is melted- approximately 20  minutes.  Top with fresh avocado, tomatoes, cilantro etc.
With cilantro & yellow bell peppers.


No comments:

Post a Comment