Monday, February 1, 2016

Affirmations of Love

Today is the first official day to our 14 Days of Love Challenge.  Sometimes starting something is half the battle right!  So today I kept it simple and I wanted to share with all of you how I personally began our challenge this year.

With affirmations.

Say what?!?

AFFIRMATIONS.  

Listen y'all- my man knows how much I love him.  It's no secret and I tell him all the time.  Love is never a doubt.  But does he know how smart I think he is?  How kind and thoughtful?  How I value him and his protection and understand the way he thinks?  Does he know how amazing I think he is for the job he does day in and day out?

AFFIRMATIONS.

Sometimes they aren't really affirmations of love but rather, words of support and encouragement.  I don't always take the time to tell him these things.  Seriously- think about it.  When was the last time you told your spouse how strong and capable you think they are?  How about how smart or kind?  Yeah....that's a hard one for sure.  It's not that we don't feel this way about our loved ones but that we simply don't always share these feelings with them.  I'm sure they know you love them, but what about all the other good stuff?

So yes, this morning before the husband left for work and while I was running around like a crazy busy woman, I took just a few moments to tell my husband how truly wonderful I think he is.  More than just how much I love him, but how AMAZING he is and all that he's capable of doing.  He's such a good man and I am proud of all the great things he does and so I simply told him.

AFFIRMATIONS.

What a blessing for us to begin our morning this way.  It took just a few moments of my day but it made such a big difference.  I could see he walked out the door with more purpose.  He was thankful for me and for my words and I- well....I simply can't tell you how wonderful it feels to lift someone up with words of praise and support.

This challenge doesn't need to be big and flashy.  It doesn't have to even cost you a thing.  It simply needs to be real.  Sometimes the greatest gift we can give someone is just a few words of encouragement and love.

AFFIRMATIONS OF LOVE.

That's all it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment