Friday, July 10, 2015

Weekly Menu 7/10/15

Hey!  It's only taken me 3 weeks to post the 2nd installment of "My Weekly Menu", that's not too bad!  Mainly because last week we lived off 4th of July leftovers.  No joke!  We ate leftovers for dinner pretty much every day last week, that's how much food I made.  That's just crazy mmkay...

This week we are finally getting back to normal, so I'll be sharing with you our meals for this week.  As always, I plan 6 dinners and typically 2 breakfasts and a few things for snacks as well as one dessert.  I do not normally buy "lunch" foods unless the husband specifically requests it.

Here goes!

Evening Meals


  • Crock pot Enchilada Orzo.  I've been meaning to try this yummy looking crock pot meal so this week I'm finally going for it!  Vegetarian crockpot dishes are super hard to find!  Let's hope it tastes as good as it looks! 

Photo Courtesy DamnDelicious.net
  • Sun Dried Tomato, Mozzerella & Quinoa Burgers and local corn on the cob.  The husband LOVES these burgers!  Seriously, he does!  Make a double batch & throw some in the freezer for a quick meal later on!  These will be perfect this weekend with the local corn on the cob delivered fresh from our CSA.
    Photo Courtesy Jessicainthekitchen.com
  • Kale Pesto Pasta and roasted zucchini.  If you haven't made my Kale Pesto yet- I highly encourage you to give it a try!  I've got kale coming in this week's CSA and there's not a more perfect way to introduce your family to this healthy powerhouse!  You can add the pesto into my Alfredo sauce or simply eat it as is- both are good!  
    Just the plain kale pesto
    Or with my Alfredo sauce!
  • Lentil and Black Bean Soup.  Soup in the summer time?  Heck yes!  Tip- this soup is PERFECT for freezing!  So make yourself a double batch and pop the other half in the freezer for a quick, homemade meal down the road.  You can also "stretch" this soup by cooking up some rice and simply pouring it over the top.  
    Photo Courtesy CookinCanuk.com
  • Mile High Meatless Pie and Kale Salad.  Another new recipe this week made with EVEN MORE LEFTOVERS from the 4th.  Oh My Gawd, the insanity!  Turns out I have about 3 cups of leftover marinara from the spaghetti dinner I made last weekend.  You guys- don't ever throw out homemade marinara!  Even if it's just a small amount!  You can totally use this for pizza sauces, pastas, this meatless pie dish, meatball subs, etc- the sky's the limit!  I'm excited to give this a try!
  • Crock pot Chicken Teriyaki, Rice and Roasted Veggies.  Another new recipe!  A couple weeks ago I found local, organic chicken 50% off- that almost never happens!  And now I've got several pounds of chicken just sitting in my freezer because....well...we really don't eat chicken.  I know, right?  NOT eat chicken?!?  But it's true!  So I'm trying to find some good chicken recipes and this one looks pretty tasty.  I'll serve it with steamed organic jasmine rice and oven roasted veggies.
    Photo Courtesy of DamnDelicious.net
Breakfasts
  • Sausage, Egg, Cheese Biscuits.  I know you won't believe this but I've got so many leftover biscuits from the 4th!  It just doesn't stop!  So this week we will be eating these up with a combination of sausage, cheese, fried egg or just plain jam.  Whatever your heart desires.
  • Fruit and Yogurt Parfaits.  Perhaps the easiest breakfast ever invented.  Layer your fruit (berries are best!) with yogurt and granola.  Or simply dump it all on top and stir away!
Misc.
  • Apple Crisp.  Yep, I've got enough granny smith apples left over for another apple pie or crisp- even though I already made two!  So another apple dessert it is!
  • Blueberry Smoothies.  My one true love....
Want to check out the 1st installment of My Weekly Menu?  Click here mmkay....

No comments:

Post a Comment