Sunday, July 10, 2016

Here Comes Camp!

Remember back when I said "we shelter our child" and I'm OK with that....well, it would seem that while we still shelter him, this year, we are also trying to give him more age appropriate freedoms.

Ugh.

I hate this.

I'm just going to state this very plainly....I WANT MY BABY BACK.  I don't like this tweenager phase where he's still boyish and enjoys childish things but thinks he can run around town with nothing but a pack of 11 year old boys and a broke down cell phone.  Yeah no.

We've loosened the reigns on the cell phone rule and he's now allowed to have a sleepover at some place other than a relatives house.  And for the very first time, he's going to camp.

Well shit.

This Mama is STRESSING.  Tomorrow is his first day of day camp and he will be gone from 8am to roughly 6pm all week.  I'm having NIGHTMARES y'all.  NIGHT-MARES.  I just can't deal.  He will be out of my hands all day long and I will have NO clue what is happening, how he's doing/feeling, if he's safe and happy....ugh, pray for me.

This is why I don't send my child off to school.  I like having him around (most days) and I like knowing exactly what is happening with my kid.  The unknowns of camp are killing me...I'm dying a slow, painful, tortured MOM DEATH.

Homeschooling means I don't ever have to leave my child if I don't want to.  But I know all the homeschooling Mama's here are like "SCREW THAT!".  We are so busy with full calendars of fun, enriching activities and yes- sometimes our homeschooled children are away from the loving bosom of their Mom's.  But for a whole week?!?  All day?

I'm struggling.

I suppose that this is just another step in life as we give our child a few more freedoms.  But why does it have to be so sad and painful?  Seriously- why?

Camp is hard y'all.

HARD.

No comments:

Post a Comment