Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Mom Birthday


"Mom, what do you want for your birthday?"  Almost every week for the last month, the kiddo has asked me this very question.  In truth, I don't really have anything I need but my list of wants goes on forever.....

And so, when the kiddo asked me again just today, what I wanted for my birthday tomorrow- here's what I thought to myself.


I want you.
I want Daddy.
I want to eat breakfast together.
I want to spend the day with you.
I want to have no fighting.
I want you to do as your told.
I want to not have to work any of my jobs today.
I want to eat cake, preferably one that I didn't have to bake.
I want to enjoy one more day with Lucky Dog.
I want to NOT feed anyone today.
I want to sleep in.
I want no whining.
I want to snuggle with my boys.
I want to end the day with a cocktail.
I want to laugh and play.
I want to watch Buddy Boy play Frisbee.
I want to not worry about chores and household tasks.
I want someone to bring me coffee in bed.
I want quiet time to read a book.
I want to eat my favorite meal- fettuccine alfredo and not feel guilty.
I want to sit in the backyard and enjoy the fruits of all my labor.
I want to be loved.
I want to be cherished.
I want to forever be your Mom.
I want time to stop.


I want this life that I'm already living.  Forever.


Tomorrow I turn 34.  I am feeling equal parts amazed that I'm this old and pretty damn happy that I'm at this blessed point in my life.  When someone asks me what I want for my birthday- my answer will always be- THIS.  I want this.  I want what I have.  I want it to last forever.  I want to live it, breathe it, relish in it- forever.  Because I know how truly blessed I am and there is nothing I want more than to continue living this life of unimaginable riches.

"But Mom, what do you really want for your birthday?"

And so I simply told him I wanted to spend the day together, go out for pasta and eat cake.  Because that's pretty great too.

To 34- may it be the best one yet!


No comments:

Post a Comment