Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day is Cray Cray

So here's the deal- ask any MOTHER around and she will tell you that Mother's Day is fluff.  It's sweet homemade cards and lumpy pancakes in bed.  It's sloppy kisses and death grip hugs.  Yes.  All these things and more.  While we certainly appreciate a little extra lovin' on a day the world decided to honor us Moms, we know that Mother's Day is NOT some arbitrary day in May.

Sorry, but it's just not.  It's on our children's birthdays.

I became a Mother one early morning in mid February circa 2005.  After 22.5 hours of excruciating labor and an emergency c-section, I was finally and forever- a Mom.  This is my REAL day of celebration, not the made up one that falls on some random Sunday in May.  It was on this day in mid February that my life forever changed and I EARNED the title of MOM.

So yes, while I love the idea of setting aside a special day to celebrate the wonderful Mama's in your life, my real Mother's Day is the day I gave birth to my baby.

And for all those Mom's out there who have ever cried their way through their children's birthday party's- this is why.  This is OUR DAY to remember bringing our children into this world and to cry over years that seem to fly right on by.  This is our real Mother's Day.

But not too worry- I'll take that day in May too!

Want to read more?  How about what every Mom secretly wants for Mother's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment