Thursday, November 20, 2014

We Are a Team

Recently the husband came to me and had some pretty amazing things to say.

"I'm so proud of you Babe.  What you're doing is pretty damn cool and I want to be a part of it.  Tell me how I can help you grow this thing."

He was of course talking about The Homeschooled Housewife.  About this blog, the Facebook page and the message we are seeking to share with all of you.

Up until now, the page has really been my baby.  I desired to share my story, I created it, I thought of the name, I spend hours blogging and posting- me.  Sometimes the husband or kiddo will chime in or I'll ask their permission before I share a certain story or picture but for the most part- it's been all me.

Which when you think about it, is kind of funny because this journey of ours is a family journey.  It's our story as a couple, our story as a family, our path together and yet- it's been my voice telling it.  Now, don't get me wrong- there's nothing wrong with that and I've really enjoyed putting a voice to this story.  But I always felt like something was missing.

So the husband and I sat up on the bed one night for well over two hours and we brainstormed.  We wrote down ideas for growth, we discussed our goals and what we desired to do, we thought of ways to make this page better and to encourage and reach more people.  It was a pretty awesome night and by the end we had reached one pretty BIG conclusion.

Together we desire to encourage other families to consider homeschooling, to be a place of support, to help others remain faithful and loving in their marriage and to support others as they raise children who will be independent thinkers and action takers.

We desire to give a voice to the new generation of homeschoolers and young married couples.  We want to change the face of homeschooling and what it means to grow a family, be young, committed and in love.

Wow.

Just wow.

Like I said, it was an awesome night.  We came up with some lofty goals and crazy ideas but the point is that we did this together.  The husband is officially on board!

So what does that mean for the future of The Homeschooled Housewife?  Well first of all, we will be updating this blog and hopefully turning it into a real website.  Sadly, we are both computer illiterate and so we are currently figuring out how to go about this.  Perhaps if we just waited a year or two I'm sure the kiddo could build us the website!  But in the meantime, we will work on figuring it out together.  We hope to add a section where the husband can share about his journey and give a voice to the strong and silent husbands/fathers out there.  After much feedback from the fans- the recipes will keep coming and perhaps we can convince the kiddo to share a bit of his story with all of you as well.  We will also be posting more about our marriage, our love story and our struggles. But for now- its a work in progress with lots of exciting new changes on the horizon!

I also want to say that I am so very blessed to have this supportive and encouraging man by my side.  In all things, we are a team and there's nothing we can't accomplish when we work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment